The Catenian Charity Inc. Scholarship Fund eligibility and selection criteria,
The purpose of the Fund is to provide money for grants to marginalized and disadvantaged Australian Catholic students on low incomes who have reached the age of 16 but not yet reached the age of 25 and who cannot afford to pay either tertiary institution tuition fees or tertiary residential college fees. The grants must be paid to an Australian university or college by the student. The grants will only be awarded to:
- Australian citizens within the meaning of the Australian Citizenship Act 1948; and
- will be open to individuals throughout Australia;
- will promote the
recipient’s education in a tertiary
- Tertiary courses as are approved by the trustees from time to time;
- will be awarded for reasons of equity; and
- will be
awarded to individuals selected by the trustees who meet the following selection criteria:
- they must meet the ACOSS definition of poverty, that is, ‘an enforced lack of socially perceived necessities”;
- they must demonstrate true financial need; and
- they must demonstrate an interest in tertiary courses as are approved by the trustees from time to time.
Conditions of Eligibility and Award:
The grants may only be awarded to applicants who have satisfied all the tertiary course1st year criteria.
This process will be facilitated by the trustees establishing a selection panel.
The selection process may include:
> Submission of application forms;
> Submission of confidential referee reports;
> Short listing of applicants;
> Recommendations submitted to the trustees of the Charity.
> The application is to be made using the official application form.
> Include a proposal addressing the criteria detailed on the application form.
> A confidential reference from the applicant’s referees.
Grants will be awarded each year if the application meets the approval of the trustees of the Catenian Charity Inc. Scholarship Fund.
The successful applicants may be required to present a report at the completion of their degree and to consent to their first names and stories being used by the trustees for the purpose of promoting the Fund.